From 20 to 23 September 2022, the Open Living Lab Days took place in Turin, Italy. Peggy van Schijndel, Manager of the Creative Business Knowledge Centre and Program Manager Iris Kerst visited this conference and gained a lot of inspiration.
European Network of Living Labs
The Open Living Lab Days are organized annually by the European Network of Living Labs. This year, the conference was hosted by the city of Turin and the Torino City Lab. The focus of the conference was on five thematic tracks, namely:
- Society: exploring all ‘human’ aspects of innovation in cities via Living Labs.
- Governance: exploring analysis and practices for governing cities and living labs.
- Green & sustainable: analysing how Living Labs contribute to address climate change and new models for sustainable products & services.
- Transformation: addressing digital and green transformation, urban planning & development, zero pollution, also through smart & emerging technologies
- Beyond the city: innovation beyond city borders, focusing on rural living labs, on scaling-up and cross-sectoral and cross-border collaboration to support (global) challenges at regional level.
At the congress, delegates from municipalities, knowledge institutions and companies came together to develop new ideas and establish partnerships.